Tuesday, October 27, 2009

From East to West...Home is Best

Rob and I love China. Its a great place to be, and I haven't missed home much at all. However last weekend we went to some plays that the post graduate students were putting on. One of the plays was the Wizard of Oz, and having never seen that movie before I really enjoyed the play. They put their own words, and change some parts of the play, and it was fun to watch. At the very end Dorthy said something that made me tear up, as she was trying to get back home, she said "From East to West, Home is Best. I had to agree with her. People ask us all the time where we are from, and get so excited when we say America. The translation for America here is beautiful country, and they think that everything about America is so great. Even after living in Utah for a year, Rob still claims So. Cal as home and I still claim Boise.

Huntington Beach ,California

Boise, Idaho

As much as we love it here. We both agree...that From East to West...Home is Best!


5 comments:

Dane and Korine Dellenbach said...

Guys, that totally made me choke up. I love you guys and miss you so much! Come home, you belong here with us at home!

I love you and miss you much,
Korine

Amy and Andrew said...

hey!!! looks like china is pretty sweet! i am jealous of all of your fun travels! andrew and i have a new blog and wanted to give it to you real quick. Its andrewcandamy.blogspot.com. I took if off private so I dont have to invite people anytime i want someone to read it! hope all is well!

rachel garber said...

Man, I miss that place. I am so jealous and keep thinking I need to go teach there for a year after two years of my hardened inner-city gang members :) Enjoy it for me!

Jessica and Ryan Toolson said...

I am so happy you blog stalk me! At least I know someone looks at my blog! How is China? That has to be amazing!

Faith Garff said...

i have to agree, home is the best!
but it has to be fun in china :)
glad to see you two are doing so well!