Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How we met!

Our meeting was totally by chance, or fate as some would call it. I lost my job in Boise and my friend Carolyn invited me to come live with her family in California for the summer. I decided that this would be a great opportunity for me and so I packed up and my mom drove me down there, and that was that.
Rob was planning on staying in Provo for the summer but decided that he would go home to California and sell pest control.
Carolyn and I were going to hang out with the "bug boys" as we referred to them. Rob was one of them and I had seen a picture of him before and and thought Rob was so handsome and had the nicest teeth. We went over to Rob's house and I remember meeting his mom and my first words to the woman who would become my mother-in-law were, "I'm here to flirt with your son with the nice teeth." If i would have known that she would later become my mother-in-law, I would have probably considered saying something a little more classy.
We found out where the boys were and went over there. We hung out there for a bit talking and playing some games with everyone I remember telling Carolyn on the way out that Rob ignored me the whole time. I would later find out that it wasn't ignoring, he was trying to think of a way to ask me out.
We started dating shortly thereafter. And hung out almost every night.
Rob went back to BYU for the fall semester and I went back to Boise. We endured the long distance dating and got engaged Christmas of 2007.
We got married June 7th in the San Diego Temple.

2 comments:

Carolyn Baggett said...

your blog is super cute.
i love the black and red!
you have caught on really fast to all the loading of pics and organizing it so well. It took me months!

Carolyn Baggett said...

i forgot to say that I love the story of how you two met, maybe because i was part of it!! haha, love you two